The Director of the Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences in Poznan (IHG PAS) announces an open competition for the position of an assistant at the Department of Nucleic Acid Function (DNAF) of the IHG PAS
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in the Act of 30 April 2010 on the Polish Academy of Sciences (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 572, as amended) and the Regulations for conducting competitions for scientific positions at the Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences in Poznan.
I. General information
- Institution announcing the competition: Institute of Human Genetics PAS.
- City: Poznań
- Position: Assistant
- Discipline: Medical sciences
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Planned remuneration: 4 700,00 PLN/month gross
- Deadline for submitting documents: October 20, 2021
- Address to which documents should be submitted: personally or by post (stating “assistant DNAF”) to the Institute of Human Genetics PAS, 32 Strzeszyńska street, PL-60-479 Poznań or electronically to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org putting “assistant DNAF” in the title.
- Link: http://bip.igcz.poznan.pl/konkurs/.
- Key words: human genetics, molecular biology, gastroenterology, genetic diseases, biological therapy, pharmacogenetics
- Department / Team in which the candidate would work: Department of Nucleic Acid Function of the IHG PAS
- A concise description of the scientific research in which the candidate would participate: Successful candidate will participate primarily in studies concerning genetic background of inflammatory bowel disease and its treatment. Candidate should know basic and advanced technics of molecular biology including next generation sequencing, cell culture and imaging. Medical cooperation will be established with Department of Gastroenterology, Dietetics and Internal Diseases, Poznan University of Medical Sciences. Candidate should have relevant knowledge to applying for scientific grants and preparing scientific manuscripts.
II. Requirements for candidates:
- PhD degree in the field of biological, chemical or medical sciences obtained no later than 5 years ago.
- Knowledge and skills of genetic background of human diseases.
- International internships/trainings and documented international cooperation.
- Fluent knowledge of English in speech and writing.
- Independence, high motivation for work in science, problem solving.
- Ability to teamwork.
- Organizational achievement.
- Taking up work at the Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences as the primary place of employment.
- The candidate may be invited for an interview and to present results of his scientific achievement.
III. A list of documents that the candidate should attach to the competition application:
- Application for employment, along with the address for correspondence and contact details (e-mail address and telephone number).
- Scan or photocopy of the university diploma.
- Scan or photocopy of the award of the degree (if applicable).
- Scan or photocopy of the diploma of obtaining a scientific title (if applicable).
- A list of publications with the indication of a maximum of five most important works performed during the last 5 years of the candidate’s scientific work (after deduction of breaks in scientific work), patent applications, patents, implementations, research projects (if applicable).
- Information on the number of citations of publications without self-citations, the value of the Hirsch index and the number of years effectively worked in science (after deduction of breaks), (if applicable).
- A list of research projects (including application and implementation projects) that the Candidate was leading or was the main contractor and 1-3 most important publications resulting from the implementation of this project, or other measurable results of the project (if applicable).
- At least one opinion of an independent researcher (R3), specialist in the scope indicated in the Competition Announcement.
- No more than 3,500 printed characters (one A4 page) – summary of scientific interests, previous achievements, potential participation in research projects and research projects.
- Consent to the processing of personal data of the Candidate for the purposes of the Competition, (available at: http://bip.igcz.poznan.pl/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Zgoda-rekrutacja-Consent_for_the_processing.pdf ).
- Candidate’s statement about getting acquainted with the Regulations for conducting competitions for scientific positions at the Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences in Poznań (available at: http://bip.igcz.poznan.pl/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Oswiadczenie_regulamin-Statement_Regulations.pdf).
- Candidate’s statement that, in case of winning the competition, the Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences in Poznań will be the main place of employment (available at: http://bip.igcz.poznan.pl/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Oswiadczenie_miejsce_pracy-Statement_place_of_work.pdf).
IV. Criteria for the evaluation of candidates
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of scientific publications in which the candidate is the first author, corresponding author, or significant author, and patent applications / patents and / or implementations.
- Mobility in scientific career (including academic internships, change of scientific profile, internships and work in industry).
- Number of citations of the candidate’s works, especially those in which the candidate is the first author, corresponding or significant author.
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of research projects.
- Opinion of an independent researcher (R3).
- Any breaks in the scientific work and indicated achievements of the candidate converted into effective years of scientific work.
V. Announcement of results
Up to 30 days from the deadline for submitting documents.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview. Each of the submitted candidates will receive individual information about the results of the competition in relation to their person. Information on the winner of the competition will be provided on the Institute’s website.
VI. Planned employment: from November 1, 2021
VII. Information on the possibility of appeal of a candidate who has been negatively evaluated by the competition committee
Candidates who have been negatively evaluated by the Competition Commission have the right to appeal against the results of the assessment. The appeal is submitted to the Director of the Institute within 7 days from the date of receipt of negative feedback from the selection board. The decision of the Director of the Institute is final.