Director of the Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences (IHG PAS) announces an open competition for the position of adjunct (post-doc) in the Department of Reproductive Biology and Stem Cells of the IHG PAS.
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in the Act of 30 April 2010 on the Polish Academy of Sciences (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 572, as amended) and the Regulations for conducting competitions for scientific positions at the Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences in Poznan.
I. General information
- Institution announcing the competition: Institute of Human Genetics PAS
- City: Poznań
- Position: postdoc (adjunct)
- Discipline: medical sciences
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Planned remuneration: 4700 PLN
- Deadline for documents submission: 12.12.2019
- Address to which documents should be submitted: in person or via registered e-mail to Institute of Human Genetics PAS, Strzeszyńska 32, 60-479 Poznań or by e-mail to: email@example.com
- Link: http://igcz.poznan.pl/en/open-positions
- Keywords: infertility, stem cells, human genetics
- Department in which the candidate would work: Department of Reproductive Biology and Stem Cells
- A concise description of the scientific research:
The candidate will participate in interdisciplinary research related to with grant projects carried out in the plant related to diseases with genetic background using biological systemic methodology, animal model systems, as well as research related to stem cells, tissue engineering and its application in medicine.
II. Requirements for candidates
- PhD degree in biological, medical or similar fields, obtained not earlier than 5 years ago
- Skills in cell culture, experience in molecular biology techniques, working with RNA, DNA, protein product expression
- Knowledge of basis molecular biology, analytical and measuring techniques
- Fluent oral and written English language skills
- Self-motivation to scientific work, problem-solving skills
- Good collaborative and team works skills
- Supervising PhD and master student
- Writing scientific papers, presenting results on seminars and conferences
III. Required documents
- An application for employment with an address and contact details (email, telephone),
- A scan or a photocopy of the university diploma,
- A scan or a photocopy of a degree (if applicable),
- A scan or a photocopy of a scientific title diploma (if applicable),
- A list of publications, in particular from the last 5 years of the candidate’s scientific work (after accounting for deduction of breaks in scientific work), list of patents/ patent applications, implementations or implementation projects (if applicable),
- Information on number of citations (without self-citations), Hirsch index and the number of years effectively worked in science (after deduction of breaks) (if applicable),
- Number of research projects (also application ones) managed by the candidate or in which the candidate was the PI/ main contractor together with 1-3 main publications as project results or other measurable results of the project (if applicable),
- At least one opinion of an independent researcher, who is a specialist in a given field described in the announcement,
- A self-presentation containing information about scientific interests, current achievements, participation in research projects and description of own research projects, not exceeding 3 500 printing characters (max. 1 A4 page),
- Consent to the processing of personal data of the Candidate for the purposes of the competition (http://bip.igcz.poznan.pl/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Zgoda-rekrutacja-Consent_for_the_processing.pdf),
- The Candidate’s statement concerning familiarity with the Regulations for conducting competitions for scientific positions at the Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences in Poznan (http://bip.igcz.poznan.pl/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Oswiadczenie_regulamin-Statement_Regulations.pdf),
- The Candidate’s statement that in case of winning the competition, the Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences will be his main place of work (http://bip.igcz.poznan.pl/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Oswiadczenie_miejsce_pracy-Statement_place_of_work.pdf).
IV. Criteria for the evaluation of candidates
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of scientific publications in which the candidate is the first author, corresponding author, or significant author, together with patent applications/patents and/or implementations,
- Mobility in their scientific career (including completed academic internships, change of scientific profile, internships and work in industry),
- The number of citations of the candidate’s publications, especially those in which the candidate is the first author, corresponding author or significant author,
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of managed research projects,
- An opinion of an independent researcher (R3-R4) or/and other reference,
- Breaks in scientific work and the indicated achievements of the Candidate converted into effective years of scientific work,
- English language skills.
V. Announcement of results
Up to 30 days after the deadline of documents submission.
VI. Planned period of employment: from 1 January 2020 – employment contract for 2 years (three – month trial period included).
VII. Appeal procedure
Candidates who have been negatively evaluated by the Competition Commission have the right to appeal against the results of the assessment. The appeal is submitted to the Director of the Institute within 7 days from the date of receipt of negative feedback from the Competition Commission. The decision of the Director of the Institute is final.