Director of the Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences (IHG PAS) and the leader of the research project announce an open competition for the position of a student- scholarship holder in the Department of Reproductive Biology and Stem Cells.I. General information
- Institution announcing the competition: Institute of Human Genetics PAS
- City: Poznań
- Position: student – scholarship holder
- Discipline: medical biology
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Planned amount of the scholarship: 1 000 PLN per month
- Deadline for documents submission: 07.2019
- Period of the Scholarship agreement: 10.2019 – 31.03.2021 (with the possibility of extension)
- Address to which documents should be submitted: in person or via registered mail to Institute of Human Gentics PAS, ul. Strzeszyńska 32, 60-479 Poznań or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, z dopiskiem „STUDENT – SONATA”.
- Link: http://igcz.poznan.pl/en/
- Keywords: male infertility, cell culture, CRISPR/Cas9
- Department in which the candidate would work: Department of Reproductive Biology and Stem Cells.
- In order to assess the predispositions, the candidate may be asked to complete a one-month internship at the Department of Reproductive and Mother Cell Biology of the IHG PAS.
- A concise description of the scientific research:
The recruitment relates to the project carried out within the SONATA 13 programme of the National Science Centre, project leader is dr Agnieszka Malcher.
Project title „Novel causative genetic variants in azoospermia: whole genome analysis and functional in vitro studies”
In the period of receiving the scholarship, the Candidate will be required to carry out research tasks resulting from the financed project and the concluded scholarship agreement, in agreement with the project leader and submit quarterly reports about the results.
The scope of tasks in the project:
- Cell culture
- Isolation of nucleic acids
- Real-time PCR
- Western blot
- immunofluorescence techniques
- Flow cytometry
- RNA sequencing
II. Requirements for candidates
The candidate shall:
- have completed at least the third year of master’s studies or completed first degree studies in the field of biological, biotechnological or medical sciences;
- have completed at least 1 foreign internship
- be interested in the research topic of the project oscillating around male infertility;
- have the ability to plan laboratory work and show willingness to solve research problems on their own;
- demonstrate knowledge of the basics of laboratory techniques or experience in laboratory work (working with RNA, DNA, cell culture);
- be able to work in a team;
- be able to demonstrate a level of English which is sufficient for reading and writing scientific papers.
III. Required documents
- A copy of the first-degree diploma or/and certificate of studies
- Curriculum vitae including information on scientific achievements and distinctions resulting from research (e. g. participation in lectures, specialist courses, activity in scientific associations, publications in renowned publishers/scientific journals, scholarships, scientific awards and experience, workshops and scientific training, participation in research projects, etc. ).
- Motivation letter
- Consent for the processing of Candidate’s personal data for the purposes of the recruitment process (http://bip.igcz.poznan.pl/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Zgoda-rekrutacja-Consent_for_the_processing.pdf )
IV. Criteria for the evaluation of candidates
- The candidate’s scientific achievements (scientific publications, participation in scientific conferences, activity in student associations, awards).
- Experience in laboratory work.
- Knowledge of molecular biology
- Motivation to work in science.
- Knowledge of English.
V. Announcement of results
Up to 30 days after the deadline of documents submission. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
VI. Additional conditions
The condition of involvement in the project is meeting the requirements set up in the Regulations on awarding scholarships in NCN-funded research projects (https://www.ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/regulaminy/ncn_scholarships_in_projects_en.pdf).